Home Favorites About Me Favorites Progress Pics Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Plan




Look, if it wasn’t clear in my first post I am taking baby steps on my journey to better health. Too many times I have done something so EXTREME that I thought I might die! Like the time I did a raw food cleanse…I actually lasted for 14 days or something, but there were times when I told my husband that if I didn’t eat a real meal, he would need to find a new home to live in because I was ready for a divorce. Not like it was his fault I agreed to do this cleanse with him, hell, I probably pushed him into doing it and he was just trying to keep me on track, but if you are married you know that it is usually their fault!!

 There was this other time I did HCG, was eating like 500 calories a day, and giving myself a shot in my ass! Of course I was losing 1 pound a day, I was freaking starving myself and my insides were eating each other trying to survive!!!  As soon as I was done with each of those extreme DIEts I went on an eating binge and never seemed to get back on track.

This time I am going to take it day-by-day and try to do 1 thing better than I did the day before. Today, I re-downloaded the MyFitness Pal app on my phone and logged what I ate. I also chose a bowl of soup for lunch over carbs with a side of carbs. And SHUT THE FRONT DOOR...I ate some grapes this afternoon in place of some piece of candy or other sweet thing. Maybe sounds stupid to you, but like I said…I am doing it my way for now so I don’t set myself up for failure.  By the way, I am ahead because I changed 3 things today!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! That's EXACTLY what has worked for me. No diets, no cleanse....just making healthier choices that fuel my body. Even the most EXTREME weight loss measures didn't work for me (or did for a short time and then I binged and gained it back). So, I'm with ya sis! Baby steps and making small changes that will eventually turn into big changes. Love you and love this blog!

    ReplyDelete